Thursday, July 1, 2010

The Boyfriend Cooks

     Yesterday, my boyfriend and I made pancakes. I have Celiac Disease, so we need to be particularly crafty when it comes to cooking anything. We used a already made gluten free pancake mix by Glutino, which you can buy here. We've tried simply making the recipe by the instructions, but they never turn out quite the way we wanted to... So we decided to experiment.



     You're going to have to take my word for it when I tell you that these pancakes were absolutely delicious. An added bonus is that they really weren't difficult to make.
     To the Glutino recipe, we added all they suggested. Afterwards, we added:

  • Cinnamon
  • Sugar
  • Vanilla
  • Honey
     These four simple ingredients made all the difference. As I'm sure you've noticed, this isn't the healthiest recipe yet... But it's definitely a treat on those gray mornings!
     We also added some fruit while they on the stove. We added grapes, bananas, blueberries, chocolate chips, and even some pineapple.
     If you try it out, let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment